Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

CHAMPLAIN DOG CLUB MEETING MINUTES
PETAWAWA CIVIC CENTRE LOUNGE
July 16, 2008


ATTENDANCE:
EXECUTIVE: Connie Johnson, Barb Rose,

MEMBERS: Jen Marquardt, Kelly Wilson, Brigitte King, Jill Kolar, Shelley
Smith, Linda Griffin,
Brenda DeJong, Scott Johnson, Mike & Ivale Brown, Wayne Barnes,

GUESTS:  Natalie will likely join in Sept. She is getting a Wheaton puppy at
the end of August.

MEETING CALLED TO ORDER AT 7:15

MINUTES FROM LAST MONTH'S MTG. APPROVED BY Scott Johnson

UNFINISHED/ON-GOING BUSINESS:
Leisure Days (Sept. 6)/RDOG DAY (Sept. 20)
-we will go ahead with plans to have the club represented at Leisure Days
and do some PR for the club, as well as promote RDOG (CKC initiative which
fits in with our club mandate)  LOCATION: DUNDONALD HALL
-Jill to head up a committee (Chelsea, Jen, Shelley, Linda)
-Barb to contact Sandy about making the booking
-DEMO'S - AGILITY/RALLY O - let Jill know if you are interested
-need EASY-UP TENT/ display board for SAFE DOG posters, etc.
-Jordan to do up more booklets, if required
-advertise in Pet. Post
-discussion about possible school visits was inconclusive
-CKC booklets for K to Gr. 4/dog visits?
-shelter does something similar already with local schools
(SAFE/BE A TREE, ETC. )

Summer Party:
When: August 20th,
Where:  Sandy's (5 Gutzman Rd. Pet.)
Club will supply meat for the barbecue.
Everyone bring either a salad or dessert.
MUST RSVP by August 15th so we know how much meat to buy.

CDC SHIRTS:
Connie had samples of T's & hoodies, Golf shirts are also available.
T-shirts - $15
Golf shirts - $18
Sweat Shirts -$30
Hoodie - $35
Hoodie with zipper- $40
Any of the above can be designed with any of the logos in the PDF file. They
can be personalized. All orders must be prepaid!  Orders & cheques payable
to Champlain Dog Club submitted to SANDY.  See earlier attachment with mtg.
reminder for styles/types of logo, etc.    Shirts can be personalized with
your name at no extra cost.
-motion was made by Scott to provide obedience instructors with
complementary T's or Golf shirts for teaching classes/seconded by Mike and
approved by membership
-instructors to meet to discuss what we want - should be similar

CORRESPONDENCE:
-Connie contacted CKC with regards to priority dates for 2010, as we had not
had these confirmed
-still a debate going on as to distances between shows,
-Sherbrooke has moved their date for 2009, so no conflict there, all judges
booked for 2009
-Connie will contact CKC again in Sept. re: 2010
-possibility we could do a limited show, 175 entries/ 2 shows per day/ 6
over the three day weekend

TREASUER'S REPORT:  None at this time

PROPERTIES REPORT: None at this time
-new plank & wobble board are at Sandy's, as are the 4 jumps

CONFORMATION DIRECTOR'S REPORT: See above

AGILITY DIRECTOR'S REPORT: None at this time

OBEDIENCE DIRECTOR'S REPORT:
FAMILY PET TRAINING:
-instructors had first mtg. with Jill on July 9/08 to begin to work out
details for classes in the fall.
-next mtg. to be arranged and we will set up the stations that we plan to
use this year
-instructors to receive a renumeration of approx. $10.00/hour (approved by
those present)
-obedience classes will cover costs and still make a small profit for the
club
Tentative Dates/Times:
Sept. 8th Registration, Sept. 15 to Oct. 20 (6 weeks of classes) 6:30 -
7:30,  $65.00/dog
Nov. 3rd Registration, Nov. 10 to Dec. 15 (as above)
RALLY OBEDIENCE:
7:45 - 8:45
-details to be worked out but available to club members first and then to
the
general public if there are spaces/interest

CARO RALLY OBEDIENCE TRIAL:
-via Brenda, Donna mentioned that she would still like to try to set up a
Rally O Trial for this fall
-Sandy to see if we can book the upstairs hall
-(Sept. 27th BOOKED & Donna is contacting judges)

PUBLIC RELATIONS:
-Jen to submit something from the Agility Clinic with Christine to the
paper.

NEW BUSINESS:
Tracking Interest:
-plans in the work for an introduction to TRACKING on Sat. Aug. 23
-fun intro day to be held at Kelly's,  Aldercreek Kennel, Beisenthal Rd.
-equipment, some type of Harness (preferably not a no-pull one) but if you
don't have one
contact Jill, she might be able to help you out
-Wayne to kind of take the lead role with Jill available as a resource
person, etc.
-Barb will be a contact person to send out info, etc.
-those interested so far - Brenda, Scott, Shelley, Jill, Brigitte, Kelly (&
Ivale & Mike
but not on the 23rd)

HERDING:
If anyone is interested in attending a herding ability assessment in Alfred
in August, let me know and I will send you the link.

Miramachi Demo: -on hold

CLUB DVD'S:
-should we go ahead and add to the library when it is currently not being
used all that much
-there are some really good new resources coming out which we could add to
our library
-some of us have been ordering our own copies because we want to watch them
more than once
-Jill could come up with a list of good titles for club library, if we do
decide to purchase some

NOMINATION FORMS:
Please take the time to review these forms and submit your nominations to me
at 45 East St. Pet. K8H 2N7.
Proxy forms for voting will be sent out in Aug.
Elections in Sept. at Annual General Meeting

NEXT MEETING:  Summer Party at 5 Gutzman Rd. on Wed. August 20th.
RSVP TO Sandy at beardedherders@aol.com by Aug. 15th!

REMINDERS:  I will send out one reminder to RSVP IN AUGUST and to submit
NOMINATION FORMS.

Enjoy your summmer with your dogs and hope to see you out at the barbecue.

barbara_rose@sympatico.ca
Sec. CDC