Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

CHAMPLAIN DOG CLUB
June 18th Meeting Minutes,
Petawawa Civic Centre

Attendance: Connie, Barb, Sandy, Jane, Chelsea, Jill,  Brenda,
Brigitte, Dean & Colleen, Mike, Ivale, Kelly, Erin, & Linda C.

Welcome to new member - Cathy Boudens!
Cathy has springers and is interested in obedience
and agility.

Meeting called to order at 7:05 pm.

May Minutes were approved by Dean.

UNFINISHED/ON-GOING BUSINESS:
Motion #2 was passed with 2 against and 1 abstaining but overall
majority of those present in favour of the new wording.

Membership Booklets: Still in the process of giving them out.
Please add cathyboudens@hotmail.com to your email list.

PETAWAWA CIVIC CENTRE DAYS - no interest.
FALL LEISURE DAYS (weekend after Labour Day, on Base)
Chelsea will look into this. Jill has information from past events.
We will discuss this again at the next meeting.

SUMMER PARTY:
When: August 20th,
Where:  Sandy's (5 Gutzman Rd. Pet.)
Club will supply meat for the barbecue.
Everyone bring either a salad or dessert.
MUST RSVP by August 15th so we know how much meat to buy.

BREEDING BETTER DOGS SEMINAR:
Good seminar - great food!  We made about $1000.00 for the club.

T-SHIRTS:
Tabled til next meeting due to Jordan moving shop. Samples by next
mtg.
CORRESPONDENCE:
Nothing received yet from CKC with regards to the Notice
To Apply for our 2010 dates.

TREASURER'S REPORT:  Sandy has given me a MAY BALANCE
SHEET which I will attempt to attach or forward.

PROPERTIES REPORT: None from Dean at this time.
We now have a WOBBLE BOARD and a PLANK to be used
for beginner agility dogs.  If we need more equipment, we can
get Jane's son Ian to build it for us, as well.  Jane has given
me a list of prices that he charges to build equipment, if anyone
is interested in their own personal equipment.

AGILITY DIRECTOR'S REPORT:
The agility clinic was very successful.  We just need to make sure
that the same people are not always left to do the set-up and take
down.  We need to designate people to be responsible for this at
each event in future.

Club members present were in favour of trying to set up another
session with Christine. Chelsea is looking into what is available
through Dreamfield's so we can decide which is the best route to go.
Plans are in the works for the practice session for those that attended
the clinic.  You will be notified of the details in another email but please
set aside, Saturday afternoon on July 5th for now.
We discussed some videos that the club might purchase for the library.
Some titles were suggested and Sandy will look into this.

PUBLIC RELATIONS: No report

OBEDIENCE DIRECTOR'S REPORT:
Jill has had some calls from interested people. The hall has been booked
from Sept. to Dec. on Monday nights from 6:30-9:30. We will start the
first class(es) the week after Labour Day.  Jill will pick a date in July
when we can meet and discuss the plans for fall/winter classes.
Stay tuned for an update.

CONFORMATION DIRECTOR'S REPORT:
Everything is in place for 2009. Conformation Judges
are booked.  Mike just needs one more judge for Obedience
for Friday morning.  Brigitte has volunteered to be Sec. for
Obedience.   Re: 2010 - see Correspondence above.

SHOW COMMITTEE: Will remain the same as last year.
Again, the invitation stands for anyone who would like to job-shadow
in 2009, to learn the ropes and perhaps take on a role in 2010.
HANDLING SEMINAR: Still in the works for 2009 (Feb).
A combined handling seminar/ring steward training/Sanction
Match is what Connie is thinking.  LIST OF THOSE INTERESTED:
Ivale, Dean & Colleen, Sandy, Kelly, Linda C., Linda G., Jen, Lori,
Please make sure Connie has your name.

NEW BUSINESS:
CKC RDOG DAY, Sept. 20th!  This is a new initiative for the CKC
and fits in with one of our own club mandates.  We discussed it
briefly at the meeting and will re-visit it at next meeting. For anyone
interested go the the CKC website or contact me and I will forward it
to you.  We were thinking we might be able to combine RESPONSIBLE
DOG OWNERSHIP/FALL LEISURE DAYS somehow.

MIRAMACHI DEMO:
Request for a dog demo.  Ivale will look into this, perhaps for
July or August - (include some tricks, Rally O, tunnels, jumps, etc.)

CLUB MEMBER NEWS: Congratulations go out to Jane & Oakley for
qualifying to go to the AAC Nationals in N.B. in August.  Sandy made
a motion that the club contribute $200.00 for gas which was voted on
and passed.  If T's are available by then, Jane would wear a club T. for
part of the time.

OBEDIENCE SEMINAR: Connie mentioned possibly holding an
Obedience Seminar, with someone like Janice Gunn - TNT Kennels.
Connie will send me the info to send out to everyone. This would
have to be open to the public as it would be quite expensive.
Also we could consider other trainers, such as Chris Bach.
OBEDIENCE CLINICS (cont.) Members present were very much
in favour of going ahead with KIM COOPER this fall/winter. Jane
will try to get some dates confirmed.  More details at the next
meeting.

OTHER POSSIBLE FUTURE EVENTS:
(1) With approval, CDC could hold a Caro Rally Trial, at some point
in the future.
(2) Tracking Seminar/Clinic - Membership forms indicate that about
9 people are interested in tracking with Wayne indicating that he
has some knowledge & expertise in this area.  We will put this
on the agenda for next month.  If you are interested, please come
out to the meeting and we will see if it is worthwhile going ahead.

ELECTIONS FOR CHAMPLAIN DOG CLUB EXECUTIVE POSITIONS:
Nominations Forms - Connie will have those available soon. If you
would like to nominate someone or are interested in putting your
name forward, please contact either Connie or your club secretary.

Meeting was Adjourned at 8:25.
Next meeting will be held on July 16th at 7:00 at the PCC.

barbara_rose@sympatico.ca
CDC Secretary